IAH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY PRACTICES ON ANY NON-IAH WEB SITES TO WHICH THIS SITE LINKS.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It.
IAH collects different kinds of information from you in different ways.
- What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Site.
- “Non-personal Information” is any information that does not identify you individually (such as group demographics) or does not permit a direct association with an individual. Non-personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data.
- “Payment Information” is your credit card, bank account or other payment account information.
iii. “Personal Information” is your personally identifiable information, including first and last name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and/or Payment Information (as defined above). To the extent we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we treat the combination as Personal Information.
- How Information Collected.
- Voluntarily Provided. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. When you: (i) register to leave a comment on the blog at the Site; (ii) subscribe to our (electronic) mailing list; (iii) submit a request or inquiry; and/or (iv) purchase a product from us online (each of the foregoing a “Transaction”), you may disclose Personal Information to IAH that we collect. In the case of the latter example of a Transaction, we may also collect Payment Information. You choose whether to disclose Personal Information, but sometimes we may not be able to process your Transaction without it. IAH may collect information you send us and combine it with information from other users and/or de-personalize it to make it Non-personal Information. Remember that third parties may access any information you post in any public areas of the Site, so please use discretion when posting publicly-accessible information on the Site. IAH is not responsible for access to Personal Information you disclose on publicly-accessible areas of the Site.
- Technologically Gathered. We collect traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Site or each page, etc.) and collect and log “clickstream data” (such as internet protocol addresses, pages visited, clicks made, and similar information) for all visitors. This sort of information is generally considered Non-personal Information. We may combine information about your use with information about others’ use to generate aggregated Non-personal Information about visitors as a group. IAH may collect information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology (also known as a “web beacon”) and we may combine this with your Personal Information or with Non-personal information. This Site employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you, and track your site usage.
(B) “Web beacons” are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons help IAH determine whether a page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. We may also use web beacons in email messages to determine what the recipient has done with the message. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
How We Use the Information.
Generally, IAH uses information to improve our products and services, to improve, administer, and maintain the Site, to manage Transactions, to build relationships with you and other users, to market products and services to you, and to conduct market research and analysis. IAH may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Site. For example, IAH may associate you with a comment you leave on the blog.
- Transactional Purposes. If you provide Personal Information to us in connection with a Transaction, we will use your information to process the Transaction and communicate with you about it. We send you electronic communications if you subscribe to any of our services. If you provide your email address or mailing address to us, we may use such address to send you notices for marketing or relationship purposes, or as required by law.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Information and/or Non-personal Information to offer, market and advertise to you via the Site and/or through email. We may communicate with you about IAH’s products or third party products that may interest you. We may use Non-personal Information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves and for others. IAH does not place any restrictions on the use of Non-personal Information.
This Site incorporates various physical, electronic and administrative procedures in an effort to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) protocol to protect all Payment Information for all financial transactions through this Site.
While IAH uses SSL encryption to protect your Personal Information online, IAH also takes several steps to protect your Personal Information in IAH’s facilities. Access to your Personal Information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your Personal Information to perform a specific task are granted access to your Personal Information.
While IAH will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee absolute security. If we become aware of an actual or suspected breach of the security of any Personal Information of yours that we store, we will endeavor to notify you. You acknowledge and agree that IAH shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond IAH’s control (such as acts of God, hacking, terrorism, power outages, defects in third party security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond IAH’s control).
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not, but may in the future, share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. If and when that happens, we will provide you with advance notice and the choice to opt out of such information sharing. IAH does not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of Non-personal Information. IAH may share it with anyone for any purpose.
Managing Your Information
(a) Information Access. Upon your request, IAH will remove your Personal Information from IAH’s records. This may cancel your subscription to some or all of the services offered via this Site. If you wish to update/correct Personal Information you have already provided to us, or if you wish to remove your Personal Information from our records, please send your request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at Initiative for Affordable Housing, Inc., P.O. Box 885, Scottdale, GA 30079.
(b) Opting Out.
(i) Email Marketing. You may choose to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending your request to us via email at email@example.com or via postal mail at Initiative for Affordable Housing, Inc., P.O. Box 885, Scottdale, GA 30079, or by using the means (such as clicking “unsubscribe”) provided in our marketing emails. Please note, however, that your opt-out will apply only to marketing emails, not email communications about your Transaction or other non-marketing correspondence.
(ii) Disclosure for Direct Marketing/Advertising Purposes. We do not currently, but may in the future, share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. You may at any time opt out of such information sharing, by sending your request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at Initiative for Affordable Housing, Inc., P.O. Box 885, Scottdale, GA 30079.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on our Site. If we discover that any registration is made by an underage child, such registration will be immediately and permanently canceled and removed from our Site, with or without notice.
Initiative for Affordable Housing, Inc.
Attn: Executive Director
P.O. Box 885
Scottdale, GA 30079
We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to reasonable requests or questions you may have regarding our use of your Personal Information.